I investigate the impact of new & social media on the creation and consumption of mediated messages.
More specifically, I am interested in how and why social cues attached to new media content affect perceptions and attitudes in the realms of journalism, politics, sport communication and health. Furthermore, my research looks at changing routines among communicators and how the utilization of new technologies affects their behaviors.
- Social Media & Health Behaviors
- Attitude & Behavior Change via Sport Media
- New Media & Civic Engagement
- Impact of Big Data on Media & Society
- Media-Audience Relations
- Content Analysis (traditional, automated)